.

.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

First Knight (1995)


A romantic action film directed by Jerry Zucker, starring Sean Connery and Richard Gere.
The story of Lancelot and Guinevere is told on screen, innacurately.
This film deviated so far from The Once and Future King that it should be banned, but isn't that what movies always do? Arthur doesn't directly witness anything of the relationship between the two ever. Also, I don't remember Guinevere getting put in an oubliette. Lancelot was chased by another woman who had his kid after he saved and fucked her, but I didn't see any of that. In fact, I didn't see much of Lancelot's honorable deeds at all. I have to rate this bad for being totally false. The only thing I liked was Sean Connery as Arthur, but even that was wrong. Sean was way too old to be Arthur when Lancelot joined the round table.

No comments:

Post a Comment