.

.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Testament (1983)


A drama directed by Lynne Littman.
This film follows the life of a family in California after a nuclear bomb drops.
This is pretty tragic. There's one scene where the mother is scraping peanut butter out of the bottom of the jar that reminds me of my mom. When I was really young, she told me about a book that she was reading in which the mother performs this menial task in a tragic environment. Every time that the peanut butter was almost gone, she would either mention it or I would think about it. There's a scene at the end where the father arrives, but he isn't there in the next scene and there is no indication of a dream happening. I thought it was weird and confusing. Anyway, it's not quite tragic enough to get a good score and the early 80s couldn't do a good enough job on the film. I'm rating it adequate because I think it could have been better. Again, I'm reminded to use screen-capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment