.

.

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Blues Brothers (1980)


A musical directed by John Landis.
One brother picks another up when he gets out of jail. They find out from a nun that the place they grew up in needs $5,000 and quickly reform their band to raise the money.
This is one of my dad's favorite movies. The music is alright and the plot is pretty good. The part that he likes best is the car that the blues brothers drive, but that is unimportant to me. My favorite part of the film is when the band opens with "Minnie the Moocher". I'm rating it o.k. because it's not bad, but it's reputation is tainted by my father liking it.
Update: I watched this again and can appreciate the automobile chase at the end. I hate cops and I hate cars, so when the cop cars crash, it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment