.

.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen (2010)



A kung fu directed by Andrew Lau.
China is full of English, Germans and Japanese. A local hero steps forward to protect his country.
There was a water-mark on this film. Yeah, I downloaded it for free (a.k.a. I'm a cyber-terrorist) and the subtitles were very poor. It looked like a mixture of Txtglish and badly translated Chinese. I'm not sure if the Chinese have a txt language and I'm afraid of what the answer might be. Any way, there was some good kung fu, some mediocre kung fu and some REALLY BAD camera-work. Anyone who has questions about my definition of "bad camera-work" should watch the Alejandro Jodorowsky interviews on Google video and youtube. He explains it in a much more entertaining way than I ever could. The pictures above are very revealing. Apparently, someone decided that an action-packed shot from the film would look even cooler if they angled it slightly and put photoshop blood all over the hero. Is this how movie posters are created these days? Seeing how this entry contains minimal discussion of the film, I'm rating it o.k. for blending in with the crowd so well that I don't even write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment