.

.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ghetto Stories (2010)


A crime drama directed by John McDougal and Turk.
A druglord's nephews inherit his wealth, his clientele and his enemy.
There are 2 ways to look at this film. The first is a bunch of black people being black, speaking ebonics, etc. The second is that it's a crime flick about new guys moving through the ranks. I like the second way better. The detailed instructions on preparing the drugs was a nice touch. I also liked the scene right after the nephews start working for the enemy. Their shopping is legendary. There is something deep within me that thinks the whole hip-hop fashion thing is cool. The black bandana clad murder scene was brutal and I can't help but think that these guys had fun making the film. Overall, it was pretty good. Not the type of thing that I usually go for, but it feels good to give a good review after so many bad ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment