.

.

Sunday, March 8, 2020

8 Women A.K.A. 8 femmes (2002)

A French Italian musical mystery directed by François Ozon, starring Danielle Darrieux, Catherine Deneuve, Isabelle Huppert, Virginie Ledoyen, Ludivine Sagnier and Firmine Richard.
A group of women are meeting for Christmas, but find that the man of the house is dead. The grandmother, mother, aunts and daughters are trying to find who killed the husband, but they are all lying for different reasons.
Strange genre combination with lots of reading. The plot was a typical murder mystery, but all of the characters were women from the same family. There was a range of affluenza represented in these characters. All of them were quite famous and featured in many films. They all looked good too. Video was excellent, probably because of post-production color work. I'm referring to high contrast and saturation here. Audio was all in French and the subtitles were on time. The 'subtitles were 'screwy and 'scribbled by 'someone 'stupid who pluralized with apo'strophe's. I have a feeling that in a few year's, the S will grow an apo'strophe in every in'stance. I rate this adequate because the plot held my attention and the video looked amazing. However, it just did not do it for me. I know it's good, but did not suit my personal taste. You should seriously consider watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment