.

.

Monday, March 2, 2020

5 Centimeters per Second A.K.A. Byōsoku Go Senchimētoru, 秒速5センチメートル (2007)

A Japanese anime romance by Makoto Shinkai.
Takaki Tono is in love with Akari Shinohara, but they move far away from one another for school. They meet once by train, but continue living at a distance. Takaki has 2 girlfriend (consecutively), but can not forget Akari.
Almost cool. The sparse and inconclusive plot was very realistic, as was the intention of Makoto Shinkai. The characters were a little vague. I was having trouble determining whether the boy or girl was the same or different in each episode. I liked the animation style because the settings were extremely realistic, but the characters looked "standard anime" to me. It reminded me of FLCL and some Miyazaki films. The audio was in Japanese and the version I got had hard-coded English subtitles, but that meant I spent most of the duration reading, rather than watching the animation. I rate this adequate. If you're into slower anime without monsters and spaceships, this would be a decent choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment