.

.

Saturday, March 21, 2020

8 Mile (2002)

An American drama directed by Curtis Hanson, starring Kim Basinger.
A young and poor white rapper is trying to start a musical career.
Okay, since you want to rhyme mean. we'll do it different today
Eminem I think your movie was not O.K.
You talk trash in a mic at a stupid little club
I just don't get what's with all the hubbub
The plot left me so bored I snored on the floorboards
Characters so shallow and predictable, by stupid American pop culture they're adored
Don't get me talking about video style
New Hollywood too perfect looks like a shit pile
Mic check one two one two
You didn't do it and I couldn't hear any of you
It's a good thing there were subtitles
So I could just read your lackluster recitals
Everything just seemed so forced and contrived
When the credits roll, the viewer needs to be revived
IMDB 7.1 out of 10
AllMovie 4 out of 5 is 8 out of 10
Rotten Tomatoes 75% Tomatometer 54% Audience Score
metacritic 77 metascore 8.7 userscore
You can call this a dis or you can call it a taunt
but a C- grade is not something I'd flaunt
Fuck Hollywood, pop culture and Eminem
Every aspect of your movie? bad I rate all of them

No comments:

Post a Comment