.

.

Friday, February 28, 2020

Tick, Tick, Tick A.K.A. ...tick...tick...tick... (1970)

An American crime drama directed by Ralph Nelson, starring Jim Brown, George Kennedy and Fredric March.
A new black sheriff is elected in a southern town. He arrests a white man for drunk driving and causing an accident. The arrested man's friends and family get angry and start demanding he be set free, so the old sheriff works as a deputy to help solve the problem.
Not bad. The plot held my attention and the characters were written and acted well. I liked what some of the people said about being a sheriff, not a white or black one and the girl being killed was a girl, doesn't matter what color. The video was Panavision Metrocolor. If you've been following my posts, you know this is perfect. Even if I were to make a film now and had access to those cameras and film, I would still use that. Audio was good. I could hear all the dialogue and the 1960s folk rock soundtrack fit the setting. I rate this adequate. It's better than o.k. because it brings up discrimination issues and used awesome video recording equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment