.

.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (2009)

An American animated musical comedy by Rob Zombie, starring Paul Giamatti and Rosario Dawson.
A luchador wrestler witnesses a beautiful woman being abducted by a gorilla. While tracking them down, he calls in the aid of his female co-worker and her robot.
This is pretty goofy for Rob Zombie, but I understand how it makes sense. The fictional world of the film is populated by characters from fantasy and horror settings as well as shapely women. The plot was very cartoony and the characters were a little shallow. Actually, the villain was most developed of all of them. There was plenty of nudity and profanity. The animation style reminded me of old Ren & Stimpy cartoons in the way that movements were exaggerated. I could hear all of the dialogue and there were good subtitles. The music sounded like maybe there was some Brad Neely influence, but he did not make it. I think this makes a great contrast to the dark and bloody bulk of my Rob Zombie film collection. I rate it adequate. You might want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment