.

.

Friday, February 28, 2020

3,2,1... Frankie Go Boom (2012)

An American black comedy directed by Jordan Roberts, starring Chris O'Dowd and Ron Perlman.
A young man has been hiding in a desert, writing a book. His mom invites him to his brother's graduation from rehab where a woman runs into him on her bicycle. He takes the woman to a clubhouse behind his parents' house and they have sex. The brother has been recording video the whole time and uploads it to a website.
Not very interesting. The plot seemed rambling and unfocused to me. There were plenty of characters, but the 2 brothers were developed most. Video looked very much of the time, but there were some 4th wall breaking production jokes included. Audio was good. I could hear the dialogue and the soundtrack music was not annoying. I rate this o.k. because it was mediocre.
When I started this list of "every film ever made", I was concerned that there may be lots of bad ones. This was unreasonable and unthinking of me. A little bit into the list, my concern is that there will be TONS of mediocre ones. I would rather watch something horrible and write a scathing review than a long line of average films and rate them all o.k. because they were produced fine, but were uninteresting.

No comments:

Post a Comment