.

.

Monday, October 21, 2019

Phenomena (1985)

An Italian horror directed by Dario Argento, starring Jennifer Connelly, Donald Pleasence and Patrick Bauchau.
A teenage girl starts going to a Swiss boarding school near where murders have been happening. She finds that she can communicate with insects and befriends a nearby scientist who studies insects. With the help of the scientist and her insect friends, she tries to find the murderer.
I have never seen a movie that used music as well as this. Claudio Simonetti's Phenomena song was later covered by Rhapsody of Fire as Queen of Dark Horizons and they also did a cover of Iron Maiden's Flash of the Blade (used in 2 separate scenes!). Obviously, Luca Turilli and Alex Staropoli liked this film quite a bit. Another song to mention is Motorhead's Locomotive. I found this film a little slow and dull at times, but I was glad that I kept watching when it finished. The girl is really put through some extreme situations, but is able to call massive clouds of insects when she is in trouble. All of my favorite parts were at the end, so I won't spoil that. I rate this good and would recommend it for metal heads who like horror films.

No comments:

Post a Comment