.

.

Friday, October 18, 2019

Paterson (2016)

A German French American drama written and directed by Jim Jarmusch, starring Golshifteh Farahni.
A bus driver writes poetry and meets other poets. His wife decorates their house, makes cupcakes and orders a guitar so she can be a country singer.
I thought Jim Jarmusch could do no wrong, until I saw this. It was 2 hours of total pointlessness. This fits with the bad run of movies I've been watching recently. Most of it has been Dogma 95 and Wong Kar-wai romances. It has all been so dull that I don't even want to write a scathing review of it. When one of my favorite directors makes something that fits this mold, I have to type something. I sat here the whole time, waiting for something in the plot to change, but it never happened. The video all looked good: camera movement, composition, framing, blocking, editing... all great, but nothing happened. I have to rate this shit because of disappointment which has lead to distrust. DO NOT WATCH! ...and if you like Jim Jarmusch films, REALLY DO NOT WATCH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment