.

.

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Pecker (1998)

An American comedy written and directed by John Waters, starring Edward Furlong, Christina Ricci, Mary Kay Place, Martha Plimpton, Brendan Sexton III, Mink Stole and Lili Taylor.
A young photographer in Baltimore Maryland is discovered by a New York City art dealer. His show is a success, but it causes problems for his friends and family because the photos provide a deep view into their lives.
I had gotten so tired of the "high art" films with hidden meanings and lofty ideals. It's good to watch a plain American comedy after all of that snobbishness. The plot held my attention very well and the characters were interesting. I even thought some parts were funny. A good example is the clothing store woman catching the photographer and shoplifter pair and forcing a "pecker picture". I rate this good because it's a very sincere and unpretentious comedy. I recommend it if you have gotten into a similar situation with watching films like I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment