.

.

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Italian for Beginners A.K.A. Italiensk for begyndere (2000)

A Danish romance directed by Lone Scherfig.
A group of men and women whose family members have died are taking a class in Italian language together. Sisters are reunited and 3 pairs are formed.
This was surprisingly good for Dogma 95. It started with tragic losses and despair, but ended in romance. I say that's the way to make a romance movie, There has to be some contrast so that the happy ending will satisfy people who like variety in films. The plot held my attention enough to not notice the shitty camerawork so much.I knew it was there, but cared more about the plot and characters than whether a tripod was being used. Based upon being a genre I don't like and intentionally lower production, but liking it anyway, I have to rate this good. I would recommend it for anyone who likes drama films with emphasis on plot and characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment