.

.

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Neo Ned (2005)

An American crime romance directed by Van Fischer, starring Jeremy Renner, Gabrielle Union, Sally Kirkland, Cary Elwes and Ethan Suplee.
A neo nazi skinhead is in a mental institution and falls in love with a black woman who says that she is Hitler.
This was a mix of good and bad. Let's go with bad first. I think that the dialogue needed to be mixed quieter because I could almost hear some of it and the music needed to be mixed louder because my speakers did not blow out. Shitty audio production aside, I really liked the plot and characters. The plot started almost at the end and then developed its own back-story as the film went on. The characters followed this, revealing their past. The combination of 2 unlikely main characters was the best part. If I'm so focused on the plot and characters that I don't notice cinematography, camera-work, composition, framing or editing, that is seamless and very very good. Cary Elwes was in a very short section, but Ethan Suplee played a larger role. I remember him from American History X (1998), Blow and Evolution (both 2001) and Art School Confidential (2006). I'm rating this good, but it would have gotten awesome with better audio.

No comments:

Post a Comment