.

.

Friday, June 7, 2019

Natural Born Killers (1994)

An American crime film directed by Oliver Stone, story by Quentin Tarantino, starring Woody Harrelson, Juliette Lewis, Robert Downey Jr., Tommy Lee Jones and Tom Sizemore.
A couple travel the country on a killing spree, are caught by cops and jailed and then escape.
Sensory overload. Within the first few minutes I could tell that Quentin Tarantino was involved in some way. It just looked and sounded so much like his other work. There was violence and 50s/60s soul music. What more clue do you need? The plot was relatively lame, but I don't think that was the main focus of the film. Some of the characters were developed well while others were extremely shallow. The framing and composition of shots was good, but I would have liked more wide shots. I did not like the editing because it was so fast, but I think that was intentional. Overall, a decent movie. I rate it adequate. Again, other people think it's amazing. If I was only looking for Tarantino-esque shock value, I would agree. Fortunately for me, my tastes have matured some.

No comments:

Post a Comment