.

.

Sunday, June 2, 2019

My Bloody Valentine (1981)

A Canadian slasher horror directed by George Mihalka.
A crazed miner kills people on Valentine's Day.
Pretty lo-fi, but worth watching once. The plot and writing were stale and the audio and video were a little on the trashy side. That being said, this avoided some mistakes that I see newer, more expensive movies repeat over and over. There was very little underexposure. Even inside the mine where it was dark, I could see everything. There was actually some overexposure in the mine produced by light and film combinations not matching or looking realistic. The acting was alright. I'm not saying it was great, but the folks at TROMA could learn valuable lessons from this film. There was a plot twist at the end which did nothing to advance the story because it was over 2 minutes later. I would call this an exact middle point for the slasher genre and rate it o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment