.

.

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Graduation Day (1981)

An American slasher horror directed by Herb Freed, starring Carmen Argenziano and Vanna White.
A girl dies from exhaustion at a school track race and then the whole track team goes missing. There is a killer loose just before high school graduation.
This did not hold my attention at all. The pacing was a little slower than most horror films, which I liked. The plot was not communicated very clearly. Even if I'm distracted by changing mandolin strings, I should have some idea of what's going on. The characters were not very identifiable. I liked the security guard. There was a scene in which he finds kids smoking a joint in a forest. He chases them away and proceeds to light up his own joint. The dialogue was unoriginal and the acting half-assed. Sets and costumes were mundane, but there was a locker room scene with female anatomy points from lack of costume. Camera-work was actually not bad. Their shot compositions looked good and there were lots of B-roll style close-ups of items. Audio was not the best. It sounded kind of gritty, but the mix was not too far off. IMDb lists a rating of 4.6/10, AllMovie lists an AllMovie Rating of 1/5 with User Ratings of 2/5 and Rotten Tomatoes lists 57% Tomatometer with 19% Audience Score for an average of 36.4%. I rate this poor because I've seen much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment