.

.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Gravity (2013)

A British American science fiction directed by Alfonso Cuaron, starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.
A space mission goes horribly wrong for every reason. The only survivor of the first disaster runs into yet more problems as she attempts to return to Earth.
The main things that I want to mention are pacing and special effects. The pacing was painfully slow to the point that even the worst disasters generated no plot tension. The special effects were pretty amazing. We had zero gravity scenes and giant spaceships with little astronauts constantly bumping into them. Lots of it was visually stunning and would have been better in a 3D theater. Wikipedia says that people liked it lots and it won tons of awards. Apparently, everyone besides me liked it. Big stars and pretty images just don't do it for me anymore. I rate this bad because I wanted to turn it off for most of the duration.

No comments:

Post a Comment