.

.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

I Am Not Your Negro (2016)

An American French Belgian Swiss documentary directed by Raoul Peck, narrated by Samuel L. Jackson.
The history of racism in America is examined.
This was alright. It reminded me of the work of my advisor at school, Professor Eison because it used narration over images with camera movement programmed in a computer. The subject matter is relatively of interest to me because I'm interested in how groups that don't fit into "normal" society interact with the world. The video relied too heavily on still photos and not enough actual moving video. There was also a lack of interviews. If your only interview is from the 1950s, your documentary has problems. Some newer interviews with people about race relations would have helped tremendously. The audio was very good. Although Samuel L. Jackson used a low and soft tone of voice, I could hear him well and the music was mixed at the correct levels. Overall, a decent documentary that could easily have been improved. I rate this o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment