.

.

Sunday, July 9, 2017

How to Survive a Plague (2012)

An American documentary directed by David France.
The story follows a group of AIDS activists who want the government to supply better drugs to save patients.
This was not really all that watchable. I don't care about the problem presented because I know that the government released the AIDS virus for the purpose of killing people. Asking them for help would seem useless, but apparently, something worked. I don't fully understand the issue being discussed, but I think that the government was not directly responsible for solving the problem that they created. Most of the film was shouting mobs and people shouting in front of mobs. I think that it lacked the in depth interviews that would make a viewer like myself care about the individual people. It was all about the group. The video was on the alright side. There was lots of hand holding going on on-screen as well as by the camera operators. The audio levels were not bad, but shouting, arguing and complaining are not my favorite content. Overall, this is a film for those who are involved in the AIDS issue. I would recommend it to them because they would actually care. I rate it poor. If you don't have AIDS, don't watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment