.

.

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Rage at Dawn (1955)

An American western directed by Tim Whelan, starring Randolph Scott and Forrest Tucker.
A secret agent stages a train robbery to join an outlaw gang and with the help of local law enforcement, defeats them.
This was boring and desultory. The pacing was really slow and the plot dragged through the hour and 25 minute duration. The fake train robbery, romantic interest and supposed outlaw's cooperation with local authorities made the plot hard to follow and I feel that it was not clearly communicated. A few of the main characters were easily identifiable, but everyone else was just a big jumble of people. The audio and video were as I would expect from 1955, basically average. The style reminded me of better westerns made around that time like Bells of San Angelo, Rio Bravo and El Dorado. I'm rating this poor because They could have done better and I didn't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment