.

.

Friday, April 17, 2015

Paradise Canyon (1953)

An American western directed by Carl L. Pierson, starring John Wayne.
A government agent cowboy joins a travelling medicine show in order to find outlaws who are running a counterfeiting operation.
This looked older than it actually was. By the use of speeded up video that seemed like silent film style, I would have guessed '40s at the latest. The plot and characters were decent and it easily held my attention through the 53 minute duration. As stated, the style seemed ancient and the pacing was all over the place. I didn't notice any amazing camera-work, but it wasn't bad. The video got shaky at one point, which may have been due to damage to the original film. The audio was very quiet and some sound effects were inaudible, but I could hear enough for the story to make sense. Overall, it was not bad, but not good. I rate it o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment