.

.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Mesa of Lost Women (1953)

An American science fiction horror film directed by Ron Ormond and Herbert Tevos, starring Jackie Coogan.
A scientist creates hybrid insect women and a group of people crash their plane near his laboratory.
The soundtrack of this film is what made me turn it off. The dissonant piano and tremolo-picked guitar would have driven me insane if I did not stop it. The same repetitive music continues through the whole film and at 54 minutes, I could take no more. The audio is crystal clear. Maddeningly so. The video is black and white, pretty standard for '53. I thought that the plot and characters had some potential and liked the big fake spider in the lab. With Jackie Coogan (Uncle Fester of Adams Family fame) playing Doctor Aranya, they definitely cast the film appropriately. I have to rate it shit because I turned it off. Do not watch this film unless you really, really like the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment