.

.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Killers from Space (1954)

An American science fiction film directed and produced by W. Lee Wilder, starring Peter Graves.
A scientist is missing during a nuclear test. Upon his return, he is acting weird, steals military documents and crashes his car in the area of the test. When he is drugged at the hospital, he tells a story of alien abduction and the aliens' plans to take over the Earth. Nobody believes him and they treat him as a mental patient.
This is about how I feel all the time. I know the aliens want to kill us and see clear evidence that their plan is working. When I tell anyone, the ideas are dismissed as rumors and hoaxes regardless of how much evidence that is in plain view that I site. Good luck checking Facebook from within a mass grave! We have different aliens in the "real world" and they have different plans. I wish that the solution were as simple as in this film. The audio was amazingly clear and free of dead air hiss for the date and the video looked alright, if pretty standard. The closeup shots of spiders and lizards did not convince me that they were giant, even with the actor standing in front. This scene was my favorite not because of the giant creepy crawlies idea, but because I like nature photography. Obviously, I liked the plot and thought that the characters displayed a realistic response to the conflict. I liked this film more for the ideas than the actual movie itself. I rate it adequate for giving me a good example to type about.

No comments:

Post a Comment