.

.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Alien Zone A.K.A. House of the Dead (1978)

An American horror film directed by Sharron Miller.
A man who is cheating on his wife with another married woman shelters from the rain in the house of a mortician who displays bodies to him and relates the story of how each person died.
This film was very difficult to track down information about. The style is definitely cult '70s and the video was extremely dark and totally blackscreened in many sections. The stories reminded me of Tales from the Dark side/Tales from the Crypt pulp horror, with characters being few in number, easy to identify and short-lived. I liked how each person was killed in a poetic or ironic manner. I'm keeping this one because it's just so rare and underground that I will not be able to see it again if I don't. I rate it o.k. because it wasn't really all that great, but the back-story of the film itself makes it cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment