.

.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Shoot to Kill (1947)

An American noir crime mystery film directed by William Berke.
After a car crash, a woman is rescued and relates the story that lead up to crashing the car. The story involves a district attorney, gangsters and corruption.
When not making the movie would have been a better decision than deciding to make it, that's bad. This was extremely dry and boring. The characters were not memorable, the plot was muddier than a swamp and the style was very utilitarian (not a compliment). The only part that caught my attention was the black piano player. They showed close shots of him playing and I think he may have actually been playing the music that you hear in that scene. If so, it's the only thing they did right in the whole film. They made a horrid movie and I hate it, but I watched the whole hour and three minutes. I rate it bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment