.

.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Lancelot and Guinevere (1963)

A British action romance directed by and starring Cornel Wilde.
Sir Lancelot falls in love with King Arthur's wife, Guinevere as a war is happening. This obviously causes differences in opinion and conflict.
Boring. So utterly and mind numbingly boring. I've read The Once and Future King and found this section of the book to be interesting, but this film really kills any type of entertainment value that may have existed. The relationships and politics of the noble class hold absolutely no interest to me in video form. The style was reminiscent of all those '60s sword and sandal flicks. The video was extremely grainy and the audio had a tremolo effect that was obviously caused by an inferior quality recording and damage that could have happened over time. I think that this is quite enough description of this film that I don't like. I rate it poor because it wasn't totally unwatchable.

No comments:

Post a Comment