.

.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking (1988)

An American fantasy adventure directed by Ken Annakin, starring Tami Erin.
The anarchist daughter of a sea captain is separated from the ship in a storm and floats to the family home on a raft with her horse and monkey. Once home, she befriends the neighbor children who break into her house while their parents are away. Adults from the town try to steal her animals, her house and imprison her. She has magic powers too.
I don't remember whether I liked or disliked this movie when I was younger, but I do remember watching it many times. The characters are good, but I think that the plot is a little desultory and the pacing got a little jumpy or uneven at times. The audio was good (even the super-stupid songs), but I accidentally got the full-screen version (OH NO! I've been panned and scanned!). Yes, this is the first movie that I've paid for since starting this blog. On a more interesting note, Tami Erin's career ran from the glorious heights of being THE Pippi Longstocking, through mediocrity in television news and commercials to finally end with the release of a sex tape in 2013. This inevitable eventuality was prepared for by her charity work beginning in 2011. I would really like a copy of the 2013 tape because I think that there are subliminal messages in this film. I was unable to dig up any dirt on ye olde internet, but I'm sure that there are sexual innuendos so deep they make Caligula look like Sesame Street. I may update this post after more research. Until then, I rate it awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment