.

.

Friday, May 9, 2014

Cold Sweat (1970)

A French Italian crime thriller film directed by Terence Young, starring Charles Bronson.
A man who used to be in the military runs a boating business and has a happy life with his wife and daughter. After seeing his picture in a newspaper, his army buddies catch up with him. They are now drug smugglers so they break into his house, kidnap his wife and daughter and try to force him to use his boat for drug runs.
The whole film happened "at gunpoint" and this phrase should be added to every sentence in my plot summary. For some extra fun, you can add "while being threatened with a weapon". I liked how the plot was presented: It started with "now" and then, once some plot is established, it filled in "before" before moving on to "next". The pace and editing were good. The acting and general presentation was very clear. Technically speaking, it's not too bad. I just didn't really get into it. Crime movies of most types aren't my thing and all the guns put me off too. I'm giving it one of those weird pink ratings because it was well made, but I didn't really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment