.

.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Dirty Tricks and Cunning Stunts (2001)

A British tutorial documentary on mountain biking directed by Adam Kaleta, starring Martyn Ashton, Martin Hawyes and Hans Rey.
A trio of UK mountain bikers act out a chase scene on bicycles and then explain how to perform the moves that they used.
On tutorial films like this, I tend to evaluate the content over the production. That being said, the production on the copy that I saw was poor at best. The audio was extremely muffled and the video was a little blurry. The actual "how to" section was great. The instructors gave good advice and used humor to break up the serious learning. It was also nice to see guys doing moves like I want to learn on bicycles that look so much like my own. Modern films of this sort tend to feature guys on overly specialized bicycles performing moves that are far beyond the abilities of a hobbyist like myself. I'm rating this awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment