.

.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rating System Update

I've changed my rating system again and here's how it goes:
Best: These films are the cream of the crop and the best of the best. It takes a lot to get here and mostly, it's reserved for directors that I like: Jodorowsky, Bakshi, Plympton... and actors like Tony Jaa and Uma Thurman.
Awesome: These films go beyond their call of duty. Something is unique and special. Obviously I like that.
Good: We know good movies when we see them. They satisfy every aspect of film exactly. It's something a little unique and definitely enjoyable.
Adequate: I don't mind watching adequate films. They're pretty good, but nothing really special.
Curve-ball: I don't get it. These films are made well, but I don't like them. They have convoluted plots and confuse me. Basically, I don't know how to rate them.
O.K.: Your standard fare. It's alright and everything's fine. No real problems.
Poor: There's something wrong. Maybe the pacing is wrong, maybe it's boring. Just a little defect to make it not all that great.
Bad: I don't like it. I probably watched the whole thing without any interest because there was something really wrong. Maybe I really didn't like it.
Shit: This is where films compete for the title of "Worst Film Ever". I may have turned it off and I definitely hated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment