.

.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hesher (2011)


A black comedy by Spencer Susser, starring Natalie Portman.
A boy whose mother died in a car accident is picked on by a bully at school. At home, he lives with his depressed father and benevolent grandmother. One day he disturbs a squatter in a building. The squatter shows up at his house and moves in without consent, but ends up staying for no reason.
The person who recommended this film likes REALLY crappy movies, so I was hesitant to watch it. I'm glad that I did because it's pretty cool. I liked the characters and the strange plot. The style was anything but "new movie perfect" but the production value was good. I had some trouble with the audio levels, but when I like the film, I can let that slide. There were a few cliche moments like the rain starting on queue, but nothing too cheesy. I'm rating this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment