.

.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Raging Phoenix (2009)


A kung fu directed by Rashane Limtrakul, starring Yanin Vismistananda.
A girl's sister is kidnapped by perfume making organ bandits and the girl is rescued by 3 drunken Thai boxing masters. They teach her their style and she initiates an assault on the bandits.
Do you like fu? Then this is for you! Yanin is versatile and creative with her kung fu styles. Anyone who knows me can tell you I can't resist watching every drunken kung fu movie ever made and this is no exception. There is a scene towards the end with a guy who uses traditional drunken boxing style kung fu, but it's pretty short. Most of the action happens in Thai boxing mode, and there is a lot of it. Sole from behinds and flip-kick combos abound as knee and elbow strikes rule the screen. Can you tell that I liked it? OH! I forgot to mention the awesome training scene/montage! It's really cool too. I'm rating this film best.

No comments:

Post a Comment