.

.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Until the Light Takes Us (2009)


A documentary directed by Aaron Aites and Audrey Ewell.
Formative musicians from the black metal scene are interviewed and news clips on the subject are shown.
I have been waiting for this thing since before it was even finished and it took 2 years from the release date for me to get a copy. Needless to say, it was worth the wait but I would have preferred to have it immediately. Count Grishnackh and Fenriz do a lot of talking and there are a lot of awkward silences because the filmmakers didn't make it a 2 way conversation. I had seen various black metal documentaries before like Satan Rides the Media, but this is one of the better ones. I will rate it best on first viewing, but documentaries seem to lose power when re-watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment