.

.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Alive (1993)


A disaster film directed by Frank marshall, starring Ethan Hawke.
A plane carrying a South American rugby team crashes in the Andes mountains. The survivors of the crash try to stay living.
The plot was good and the pacing and style were right. The characters were a little bland, but decent. My main concern is South Americans with Spanish names speaking English for 2 hours. I know that it was based on a true story, but come on! I know it was done to sell tickets and videos, but it seems as fake as a terrace attack. The question of cannibalism comes up here. I would like to state that I would eat human meat. I would cook it (unlike these dumb asses) and probably enjoy it. If your "god" lets you eat pigs, cows, fish and birds, then I doubt he would care about adding another species to the list of "food animals". When they began eating the butt-meat of their dead friends, I expected the camera to zoom out and show a row of corpses without asses. It would have gotten a good review, but Carlitos and Nando were speaking fluent English to each other. I'm rating it adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment