.

.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Nosferatu (1922)


A horror directed by F. W. Murnau.
A young businessman goes to Transylvania to meet a client who is buying property in his home town. The client turns out to be a vampire who brings death wherever he goes.
I remember this film being all black and white, but the version that I'm reviewing here had tinted colors over whole scenes. I am unsure if this is the original as Wikipedia didn't mention color schemes in it's article. It is a silent film with an annoying musical score and screens of nearly indecipherable text to read. There were a few audio gasps from the Mina character (who has a different name in this version). I found myself thinking of humorous dialogue for the characters. An example:
Dracula (Orlock) and the male lead are eating dinner when the protagonist cuts his finger.
Orlock: "Let me kiss your booboo, Johnny!"
I'm rating it o.k. because it is a classic film, but some of it gets annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment