.

.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Asylum (1972)


A horror directed by Roy Ward Baker.
A doctor goes for a job interview at an insane asylum and is asked to guess which patient used to be the doctor there. He visits each patient and they tell him their story in a flash back.
The audio was pretty wild despite my normalizer. I can only imagine how bad it would have been without.
The first patient's story was scary, but the rest seemed like episodes of Tales From the Crypt or Are You Afraid of the Dark. I was trying to guess along with the new doctor and I could only find one patient that I knew wasn't the old doctor. The last patient's story seemed like it was there as bait leading to a wrong answer, so it couldn't be him. Due to the plot twist at the end, guessing became a non-issue. I'm rating this blue for being pretty good. It could have been better with a different ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment