.

.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bravestarr: The Movie (1988)




An animated science fiction directed by Tom Tataranowicz.
A futuristic wild west lawman opposes an army of outlaws. Both sides of the conflict have a magical leader.
This cheesy 80s cartoon is pretty cool. The styling of the characters and settings was the best part with their names coming in a close second. Names like J.B. (female romantic interest destined for BJs) and Tex Hex (evil's second in command and a play on words with tex-mex). I also thought it was interesting that the shaman lived far away from town in what I would call a reservation and that there were no native American looking characters in town. Anyway, I thought it was cool and I'm rating it good. This is a series for anyone who grew up watching He-Man, Thundercats and Silverhawks. I'm including 3 pictures. 2 of them point out the "horse of undetermined size" and the other is of Stampede, the evil wizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment