.

.

Monday, June 7, 2010

The Thief and the Cobbler (1995)


An animated feature film by Richard Williams.
A cobbler from the "golden city" fixes the princess' shoes and is sent on a mission to find a way to stop the invading army and restore the 3 golden balls to the top of a tower.
The audio was o.k. and the video was about 3/4ths finished. Some of the scenes deteriorated into pencil drawings.
check out: Animated Rube Goldberg machines.
I really like animation, so this was great for me. I didn't mind the incomplete sections at all. A lot of it was actually visually stunning and seemed like something I should have watched about 10 years ago when I would have been in a condition to appreciate it better. Obviously, I'm rating it good, but it's not for those who like the platinum plated shite of Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment