.

.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

topsy turvy (1999)


a musical directed by mike leigh
a theater complete with writer, composer, boss and actors puts on an opera. there are problems at every step that must be overcome as "the show must go on!". the ultra-polite old english speech is interspersed with humor as the production comes together. many musical numbers are performed as dress rehersals and as the final product before an audience.
whisper-blast was what I heard when the movie started, but I waited a very long time for it to download so I put on headphones to counter this. I was right to do so, as I was treated to one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a while. the video was in full-screen, but it looked good.
a musical in whisper-blast and full-screen. I should hate it so hard, but found myself enjoying this film. the music was great and the cast was well chosen. the setting was extremely convincing and my attention never left the screen. this is awesome and you should go out of your way to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment