.

.

Monday, April 22, 2019

Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor series A.K.A. 強殖装甲ガイバー, Kyōshoku Sōkō Gaibā (2005 - 2006)

A Japanese anime directed by Katsuhito Akiyama.
A high school boy finds alien technology which attaches to his body, making him into a strong warrior. He faces a secret corporation and their monsters called Zoanoids.
This held my attention pretty well. It seems to have been designed with a male audience in mind, considering that most of it was monsters and violence.I had seen some of the 1989 series in the late '90s and thought that this was it because I did not check dates. Hopefully, you will soon be able to read about the 1986 and 1989 OVAs here. Fans of Dragonball Z would appreciate the conversation-filled fight scenes, powering up and blast battles. The only thing that I found mockable was the Guyver's "boob beam" or "lactating laser" attack (image). There's really not much to say about this. I rate it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment