.

.

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Trancers series (1984 - 2002)

An American science fiction series directed by Charles Band, C Courtney Joyner, David Nutter and Jay Woelfel, starring Tim Thomerson and Helen Hunt.
A cop from the future uses technology to transport to different times and places as he hunts violent zombies known as trancers.
I would categorize this series as a steep downhill slide. The first 3 films were alright and cohesive. There were consistent characters and the plot continued reasonably well. Then came the medieval ones (4&5). I was reminded of the later Scorpion King films by bad acting and lack of sets. #6 took such a dive that I even found it funny. Thomerson is only seen laying on a table as he enters the body of his daughter/grandmother. Watching the young woman act like Jack Deth was comical, but the lack of sets and costumes really made it funny. This is more of an update to my post long ago concerning the first film in the series. I rate this set o.k. because it was way better than The Mummy/Scorpion King set, but not anything that I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment