.

.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

20 Feet from Stardom (2013)

An American music documentary directed by Morgan Neville.
The lives and careers of female black background singers are examined.
This was not really to my liking. The interviews were good and I think that they covered the subject pretty well. There were plenty of examples of the music that these women worked on. The video was done quite well and even included a little bit of special effects. The scene that I'm thinking of involved multiple copies of one woman singing around a microphone (picture). The audio was of excellent quality and the dialogue and music were mixed correctly. What I did not like was the subject matter. I'm really just not interested in background singers. Overall, a well-made documentary about a subject that does not interest me. I rate it tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment