.

.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Painted Hills (1951)


An American action western directed by Harold F. Kress, starring Lassie.
Lassie is given to a boy by a gold miner and exhibits poor health. The buy returns her to the miner, only to find out that he had an accident and that's why Lassie wasn't eating. The boy and the man sent to watch over him mine gold with the gold miner and get quite a bit of it. The guardian schemes to take all of the gold for himself, but Lassie disagrees with this.
The canine actor played a good female lead. Since dogs can't cross-dress, nobody noticed that Lassie was male. The film was very mediocre except the ending, which I won't spoil. I myself was slightly amazed by the acting dog. The poison scene would land a human thespian an award. I'm rating this adequate because I was slightly amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment