.

.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dragonheart (1996)


An American fantasy adventure directed by Rob Cohen, starring Dennis Quaid and the voice of Sean Connery.
A king dies in a battle against peasants and his son is wounded. A dragon donates half of his heart to save the prince (now king) and they are linked via hearts. The new king is a merciless tyrant. A knight who was at the heart-joining ritual swears to hunt dragons and when he comes upon the dragon with half a heart, they become friends.
My downloading of this film alerted Frontier that I was distributing copyrighted material. Was it worth it? No. The film is not so great. The plot is inferior and the characters are stereotypical. I never should have downloaded such mainstream Hollywood bullshit in the first place. I have a feeling that these qualities are what lead to my detection on the Illuminati's radar. Ordinarily, this would get an o.k. rating because of CG monster points (the dragon was ravishing), but under the circumstances, I was not able to enjoy it. I'm rating this bad, not because it's a bad film, but because it got me fucked over royally. You can look forward to reviews of public domain films. Also, I have a long list of DVDs that I have not reviewed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment