.

.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

What Planet Are You From? (2000)


A science fiction comedy directed by Mike Nichols, starring John Goodman.
On an all-male planet where people reproduce by cloning, the leaders decide to conquer earth. They equip a man with an artificial penis and send him on a mission to conceive a child.
This was a little weird and I don't know if I liked it. The production value was totally "new movie too perfect", but the style was almost good. The plot and characters were only a little cheesy and predictable. The pacing made it seem like over 2 hours, but it was only 1 and 44 minutes. Thankfully, the humor avoided that goofy sexual innuendo and bathroom jokes territory that most comedies dive right into. Like I said, I don't know if I liked it, so I'm rating it curveball.

No comments:

Post a Comment