.

.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Secret Garden (1993)


A British drama directed by Angieszka Holland, starring Kate Maberly.
A British girl in India's parents die in a fire and she goes to live with her reclusive uncle. She finds a locked and forgotten garden there, as well as her cousin. The cousin is supposed to be sick and is hidden away.
I liked the beginning. It was mysterious and a little dark, but as the film goes on, it becomes brighter and more cheerful. This is one of the books that my mother read to my sister and myself when we were very young, so it has a little sentimental value. Being a Warner Brothers flick, the children of course practice black magic and the sick cousin is a domineering elitist. I'm rating it o.k. because of a balance of good and bad things. The 1987 version is on it's way and I hope that the year rubs off on the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment