.

.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ragnarok: The Animation (2004)



An anime directed by Seiji Kishi and Kim Jung Ryool.
A group of adventurers travel together and end up trying to save the world, like in a video game. The anime was based on one.
The cover looked so cool with interesting monsters on it, but the series turned out to be not so great. The first picture is what I saw on the DVD cover. The second is what I saw when I watched the series. It was extremely juvenile, targeted at a teenage/pre-teen audience. However, there was plenty of sexual innuendo and the female characters dressed like whores (not saying that's bad). The characters repeat their "signature moves" in battles like in a video game and I just found the whole thing disjointed and a little on the stupid side. I'm rating it poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment